Photo by Kristaps Kalns
(family name Murovska)
Born in November 1987, Latvia
Don't hesitate to contact me:
oo371 22015294 (latvia)
- MA degree in Visual Communication - Art Academy of Latvia. LATVIA (2014)
- Diploma of director of animation - La Poudriere. FRANCE (2011-2013)
- Erasmus exchange studies - Escola Superior Artistica do Porto. PORTUGAL (2008 – 2010)
- BA degree in Audiovisual Media - Baltic Film and Media school. ESTONIA (2006 – 2010)
- RIGA'S LILAC (Papy 3D (France), Atom art (Latvia), 2019, 14min, traditional animation on computer)
- NIGHT WALKS (Atom art (Latvia), 2018, 5'50, traditional animation on computer)
Grand prix at Fredrikstad Animation Festival (2018, Norway)
- JANIS MUROVSKIS - SIETSPIEDE (Sia Muretart 2015, 14 min, documentry)
- MUSHROOMS. I HAVE NO TIME (Art Academy of Latvia 2014, 5 min, traditional animation on computer)
- UNE NUIT SUR LE LAC (La Poudrière (France) 2013, 4 min, traditional animation on computer)
Graduation film, bought by TV channel ARTE France.
Best Student Film at National Film Festival Lielais Kristaps
- SILENCE, ACTION (La Poudrière (France) 2013, 1 min, traditional animation on computer)
Participant in Les Espoirs de l'Animation 2013 and in a Canal J screening in Annecy Festival 2013.
- FILM D'HORREUR (La Poudrière (France) 2012, 30 sec, traditional animation on computer)
Trailer for festival Le Jour le plus Court.
- URGENCE (La Poudrière (France) 2012, 3 min, traditional animation)
Co directed with Titouan Bordeau, during a workshop with Phil Mulloy.
- CARROUSEL (La Poudrière (France) 2012, 1 min, traditional animation)
Participant in TV channel's ARTE online competition Student short films 2013.
- FLASHES (2011, 4 min, traditional animation)
Music video for Man in Maardu (Estonia). Aired in TV and participant in Eesti TOP 7.
- LITTLE MAN (2011, 2 min, traditional animation)
Participant in exhibition Vuelo Carneval at Art Academy of Latvia.
- MY DAD COLLECTS CATS (Baltic Film and Media school (Estonia) 2010, 13min, cut out animation on computer)
Jury Grand Prix at International film festival Contravision (2010, Germany)
- FOOTPRINTS IN CLAY (Baltic Film and Media school (Estonia) 2007, 19 min, documentary)
- President of the Young Jury at St Paul Trois Chateaux Film festival (2018, France)
- Editor for Indra Sproģe short animation film Introduction to Epilogue (2018, infinityBOX, Latvia)
- Editor for Timon Leder's short animation film The Weasel (2016, INVIDA, Slovenia)
- Director of animation at Edgars Niklasons play Gulliver's travels (2016, Riga Puppet Theatre)
- illustration for a short story by Andrejs Viksna (Domuzime 2015 - LATVIA)
- Chef animator for advertisment of Elina Dobele shoes, directed by Martins Grauds (2015, LATVIA)
- 2nd scriptwriter for animation film Tete d'Oliv.. directed by Armelle Mercat (2014, FRANCE)
- Co-author of trailer for Cartoon Movie 2013 (La Poudrière 2012, 30 sec - FRANCE)
- Co-author of trailer for festival Clermont Ferrand 2012 (La Poudrière 2012, 30 sec - FRANCE)
- The artist and co author of exhibition Anathomie of animation at the Office gallery of Latvian Centre for Contemporary Art. (2011, Latvia)
- Illustrator for a food magazine Garsigs (Sia Alis 2009/2010, Latvia)
- Visual artist for exhibition Krasa. Linija. Forma (Art Academy of Latvia 2010)
- Visual artist for 6th and 7th International Festival of Film Schools (Escola Superior Artistica do Porto 2009 et 2010, Portugal)
- Author of documentary film The Biggest Choir in the World - participating in exhibition of Latvia and The Latvian Culture, in the main building of UNESCO in Paris, France (November, 2008), Tokyo University, Japan (April, 2009) and Art Academy of Latvia representing exhibition in Riga, Latvia (Spring 2009). (Art Academy of Latvia 2009)
Latvian - native
English - full professional proficiency
French - professional working proficiency
Portuguese - limited working proficiency